Download e-book for iPad: A theology of ''uncreated energies'' by George S. Maloney
By George S. Maloney
E-book via Maloney, George S.
Read Online or Download A theology of ''uncreated energies'' PDF
Similar theology books
The Trespass of the signal bargains a transparent and thorough account of the family among deconstruction and theology. Kevin Hart argues that, opposite to renowned suggestion at the subject, deconstruction doesn't have an antitheological time table. quite, deconstruction seeks to question the metaphysics of any theology.
This ebook considers the implications of the traditional sciences (physics, biology, neurosciences) for our view of the area. Willem Drees argues that faith and morality are to be understood as rooted in our evolutionary prior and neurophysiological structure. His publication takes a extra radical naturalist place than so much on faith and technological know-how.
Angels not just performed a huge function in biblical background, yet they proceed to intrude in people's lives at the present time. Lester Sumrall bargains scriptural solutions to many often-asked questions on angels, reminiscent of, "How am i able to for my part be aided through angels? " and "How did angels aid Jesus in the course of His time on the earth?
The biblical-theological method Boda takes during this paintings is canonical-thematic, tracing the presentation of the theology of sin and its treatment within the canonical shape and form of the previous testomony. The hermeneutical foundations for this company were laid by means of others in prior a long time, particularly by means of Brevard Childs in his groundbreaking paintings.
- Theology as Science in Nineteenth-Century Germany: From F.C. Baur to Ernst Troeltsch (Changing Paradigms in Historical and Systematic Theology)
- A Theology of the In-Between: The Value of Syncretic Process (Marquette Studies in Theology, #33.)
- A Christianity Worth Believing: Hope-filled, Open-armed, Alive-and-well Faith for the Left Out, Left Behind, and Let Down in Us All
- The Vernacular Spirit Essays on Medieval Religious Literature
Additional resources for A theology of ''uncreated energies''
The God of traditional, scholastic philosophy has no relevance for secular man. For process theologians: The whole character of traditional theism is defined by an essential one-sidedness or monopolarity. 9 In other words, God's relations with the world are purely external, of a transcendent objective nature, lacking totally any immanent relationship. Process thinkers will admit that traditional theology does speak of God as hav- Page 16 ing real relationships with His creation. God does freely create and judge all things and by His mercy bring everything to its final end.
2. The knowledge which the Christian has of God is religious and existential, not conceptual. It is not to any formal criterion, defined by Aristotle, that one owes the knowledge that God is unknowable, but through a religious experience, which may be in part due to a true understanding of beings, but which equally constitutes a revelation of the living God. 27 The existential ways in which one may "know" God are the keeping of His commandments and above all prayer. "Prayer offers (this union) .
It is also described as a "watchful sleep" or the loss of all the senses and every bodily motion. The expression "vertigo" is used in the Commentary on the Canticle of Canticles and conveys for St. Gregory of Nyssa the same basic meanings as the other expressions. The closeness of the transcendent is not speculative but expresses a real anguish, like that of one on a high cliff, who steps near the edge and finds himself with no footing. Applying the image to the realization of God's presence, St.
A theology of ''uncreated energies'' by George S. Maloney